What can you create to help our astronaut as they travel to the international space station? We need your inventions, to help our astronaut sleep, have fun, stay active, and feel happy. There is no wrong answer, it can be as fun, as serious, or as silly as you like. Think big, or small, and send us your ideas.
A handful of ideas will be selected to be ‘made real’ by our team of marvellous makers, and we’ll share as many of your ideas as possible right here on this website.
Let your imagination blast off!
Attenborough Arts Centre is the University of Leicester’s public arts programme. Over one hundred thousand people of all ages and abilities engage annually with their cultural programme of performance, gallery exhibitions and learning and outreach activity.
Inspirate connects communities with inspiring creative experiences. The organisation was established in 2011 and has pioneered a diverse breadth of cultural programmes in Leicester and the UK.
How to enter!
To help make the programme as accessible as possible, we’re accepting submissions for invention ideas as drawings (either photographs of drawings on paper, or digital drawing files) or photographs of sculptural submissions.
Here’s a handy guide to creating a good submission image:
1. Start with a black outline
2. Add colour
3. Label the parts
4. Tell us what the invention is, how it works, and what it’s made of
5. Add the date, your name, age and what your invention is called
6. Take a well-lit, clear photograph of the drawing and upload it to the upload page
1. Start with the base shape of your invention
2. Add details
3. Place your sculpture on a large sheet of white paper
4. Label the parts
5. Tell us what the invention is, how it works, and what it’s made of
6. Add the date, your name, age and what your invention is called
7. Take a well-lit, clear photograph of the sculpture and upload it to the upload page
You can submit more than one invention idea.
Submit invention ideas through our upload page.
- Draw your inventionon the Little Inventors worksheet
- Scan or photograph the *whole* sheetas straight on as possible
- Upload it in JPEG, PNG or GIF format (choose a file)
Each invention idea will comprise of an image of a clear drawing, the name, age and location of the inventor, the name of the invention and a description, and a contact email address.